Housing Choice Voucher Case Manager
Back to Career Center...
Lakeland Housing Authority is looking for a Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Case Manager. Under the direction of the HCV Supervisor, the HCV Case Manager is responsible for assisting clients and evaluating their continued eligibility for housing assistance. This position ensures that clients understand the requirements of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program in accordance with the Housing Authority’s Administrative Plan, HUD and all other applicable Federal, State and local policies and regulations. The incumbent works with Authority personnel, landlords, and clients to conduct housing inspections, interviews, certify client eligibility and changes, and support clients throughout their time on the HCV program. The HCV Case Manager assists with the wait list as needed. The person in this position must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Calculate tenant rent for admission, interim, annual and special re-examinations with accuracy and efficiency;
- Responsible for maintaining client physical & computer-based case files and records with accuracy and efficiency;
- review case files for program compliance to assure all documentation, information and signatures are current and
- consistent, complete, and accurate as required by the Housing Authority, HUD policies and regulations, and all other applicable Federal, State and local laws;
- Review landlord/tenant dwelling leases and supporting documentation for program compliance; prepare and execute Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts between the Housing Authority and participating landlord/owner with accuracy and efficiency;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, phone etiquette, basic accounting and exceptional customer service;
- Inspect each unit consistent with HQS and complete HUD form 52580 or Nspire Systems;
- Analyze inspection results and notify owner/participant of inspection results;
- Send owner/participant of failed units a list of deficiencies/time frame for repairs;
- Re-inspect failed units and advise owner/participant of re-inspection results;
- Conduct annual inspections in a timely fashion and notify owner/participant of results;
- Determine initial contract rent, and amount of allowable annual increases;
- Conduct complaint inspections upon request and notify owner/participant of results and time frame needed for corrective action and date of re-inspection;
- Perform administrative/record-keeping functions including maintenance of participant files, completion of HUD/agency forms on rent reasonableness, and assist in design and implementation of inspection and inspection-related forms, procedures, and control systems;
- Communicates clearly and precisely with tenants, owners, and agencies via telephone and email regarding any issues that arise relating to HQS inspections;
- Must be physically able to reach, push, pull, lift, bend, kneel, and up and down stairs with no issues;
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in Social Services/rental housing preferred
- Knowledge of HUD rules and regulations preferred
From $12.09 - - - To $16.63 | Hourly Salary
Must have clerical aptitude, good judgment, tact, and courtesy. Skill in the use of a calculator, computer and other common office machines. Must maintain an effective working relationship with subordinates, superiors, residents, landlords and social service agencies. Possession of a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
If interested, please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to our Job Inbox by
Thursday, November 30, 2023