A. Show a demonstrated interest in LHA’s mission
B. Adhere to LHA’s Core Values
1. Service: helping people to the best of our abilities
2. Integrity: staying true to our word through action
3. Teamwork: working together to achieve goals
4. Quality: exceeding the average, striving for excellence
5. Commitment: dedication to the LHA Mission
C. Monitors the delivery of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
1. Tracks the number of residents who received services; prepares grant reports for these activities to HUD in a timely manner.
2. Provides limited indirect case management (i.e., evaluation of social, psychological and physical needs and the development of a service plan) for a resident when such service is not being provided by the general service community.
3. Educates residents on service availability both individually and as a group.
4. Promote Cultural diversity and Cultural Diversity Resources in area.
5. Reports all suspected abuse situations to the appropriate agency. Sets up and oversee volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community; keeps a record and report to various local organizations user number for grant purposes.
6. Follows up on behalf of residents for adequate, timely and cost-effective provision of services in community.
7. Works with tenants to overcome barriers to stay housed including, but not limited to lease and any program violations resulting in evictions.
8. Meets with service providers as needed and appropriate.
9. Publishes newsletters for program participants.
10. Assists management in identifying residents who need assistance and create plan/follow up.
11. Organizes and/or coordinates program workshops and social activities for residents.
D. Partners with residents to implement a resident advisory council and motivate residents and families to participate in neighborhood activities; Adhere to ROSS grant requirements.
1. Assists and advises residents and families of the services which may be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle;
2. Collaborate with youth focused agencies to establish youth focused activities in resident communities;
3. Connect individuals to internal as well as external volunteering opportunities in the community;
4. Provide mediation services for resident disputes, as appropriate, and seek out assistance with existing community resources when needed;
5. Provide service management function to individuals and families who have a range of needs, helping to connect them with the programs best equipped to serve their needs;
6. Provide short-term, crisis counseling as needed and act as a referral agent for additional services (longer-term counseling would be handled by a qualified, outside agency).
7. Share resources with other ROSS/FSS Service Coordinators and staff on available community resources;
8. Assists residents in building informal support networks among themselves and with family members;
E. Maintains professional, courteous and respectful relationships with program residents, community housing organizations, federal Housing and Urban Development representatives, the public and LHA staff.
1. Encourages residents to be proactive in meeting their social, psychological, and physical needs; Promote wellness activities for all residents;
2. Facilitates meeting of needs when necessary, but avoid the creation of unhealthy dependence;
3. Uses the least drastic intervention necessary to alleviate a problem situation.
4. May assist residents or coordinate training for residents in understanding lease and tenancy obligations.
F. Specifically, provide information and referral resources in the following areas and others as pertinent to the resident population and resident need:
1. FSS (Family Self Sufficiency Program)
2. Parenting, child care programs, after school programs; family and youth counseling 3. Mental health
4. Job training/Education
5. Legal aid
6. Drug and alcohol abuse
7. Elder-care services
8. Government entitlement programs
G. Represent LHA and at community events as requested by management
H. Seeks and attend training pertaining to the position and as assigned by supervisor
I. Works as a liaison for the FUP Program and Relocation Activities if any (family unification program) and LHA agency.
J. Cross trains with Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator to assist in case of absence