Back to Career Center...
This position will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for the day to day accounting and financial activities of the organization.
This position will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for the day to day accounting and financial activities of the organization. More specifically, job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Enter and maintain accounts receivable, maintain tenant ledgers, and monthly reporting
- Calculation of revenue contra balances based on leasing reports
- Enter and maintain accounts payable, process checks, and communicate with vendors
- Reconcile general ledger including accruals, depreciation, amortization, balancing of subsidiary ledgers on a monthly basis
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Maintain investment schedules
- Maintain fixed asset schedules including additions, calculation of depreciation, retirements, and adherence to LHA capitalization policy
- Generate financial statements
- Assist with audits & quarterly financial reporting, including communicating with auditors & partners
- Assist with other general data entry and reconciliations
- Insures LHA policy and procedures are followed
- Communicate with staff, landlords, consultants, and vendors in a professional manner
- Payroll entry & payroll functions
- Reconcile bank statement to General Ledger in accordance with month end close schedule.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts in accordance with month end close schedule.
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare general ledger entries including accruals, pre-paids, depreciation, amortization, payroll, and balancing of subsidiary ledgers on a monthly basis
- Maintain fixed asset schedules including additions, calculation of depreciation, retirements, and adherence to agency capitalization policy
- Analyze financial variances and report to management
- Ensure the general ledger is closed monthly in accordance with the Agency closing schedule.
- Prepare financial reports for the Board Package
- VMS and eLOCCS submissions
- Assist with annual Budgeting and Forecasting
- Assist in the year-end audit and FDS submissions
- Perform special projects and research as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge in the following areas: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Basic Mathematics; and accrual based accounting
- Knowledge in GASB and fund accounting preferred but not required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; attention to detail; ability to analyze and solve problems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Experience with tax credits and public housing financial reporting preferred
- Experience working with Accounting software; Yardi experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
From $1,232.00 - - - To $1,663.00 | Bi-weekly Salary
If interested, please submit letter of interest, resume, and application to our Job Inbox by
Thursday, August 31, 2017